Here are the stories from our quarterly e-newsletters. All special announcements and all newsletter articles are available here when they are new, and will remain in the Archive section for future reference.
In this the first newsletter of 2012, we'd like to share some of the highlights of Napa Bike's activities and accomplishments last year.
- Community outreach at 34 events
- Represented at Calistoga, St. Helena, and Napa City and Napa County BACs, and steering committee for County-Wide bike plan
- Represented at select Napa and Calistoga City Council meetings
- Represented at select Napa public works meetings, preserved bike right-of-way at Napa Creek development
- Partnership with Vine Trail Coalition, shared membership option
- Recognized by County Public Works as the voice of cyclists
- Silverado trail restriping, more bike lanes, additional cyclist awareness signage secured.
- Doubled membership
- Launched new website and Facebook page
- Secured Rabobank sponsorship of mobile bike parking module
- Facilitated recognition by Destination Council of cycling as a valued Napa Valley asset
- Secured Destination Council sponsorship of a Bike Map in 2012
- Partnered with Destination Council on first Legendary Napa Bike Wine Tour
- Secured continuation of sustainability grant from Eagle Cycling Club
- New Platinum-level sponsorships: Destination Council, Solage, Pine Ridge, Vineyard 29, Velo Vino, Balzac Communications, and Calistoga Bikeshop
- The Board of Directors has grown from 5 to 8 and an advisory board has been added.
Summary: The only organization representing Napa County cyclists set its sight on building its strength in 2011, and as a result, is on much more solid ground at the beginning of 2012 than ever before. More people know Napa Bike exists than ever before and hundreds now support Napa Bike as members. The basis for financial sustainability has been expanded, and along the way, essential cycling advocacy work was maintained. A solid foundation was created on which to lay plans for next year.
Press release dated May 23, 2011. Rabobank sponsors Napa Bike.
Here's our first press release dated March 15, 2011. We're announcing the launch of our new site.
The Archive will hold all articles of past newsletters.